Edinburgh Orthopaedic Specialists Ltd is compliant with GDPR regulations.
- When a patient is seen at the Spire Edinburgh Hospitals consent is given that the consultant shall retain pertinent information regarding the patient. This is recorded in your appointment letter.
- To read more about Spire Edinburgh Hospitals privacy statement please visit: www.spirehealthcare.com/legal/privacy-policy
- We retain your personal data exclusively for the provision of healthcare or medicolegal reports.
- The information we retain will include your name, date of birth, gender, address, GP, your contact information, your billing history, your clinic letters and solicitor information.
- If you require any third party to have a copy of your clinic letter or any other information relating to your personal data you must call us to request this personally. Insurance companies will often require information additional to that required for billing. For example, they might ask for your diagnosis in order to authorise your treatment. You must obtain this yourself and give it to your insurer. This information will not be given directly to the insurer.
- In Medicolegal cases we require the patient to sign a consent form consenting to the interview and physical examination, to review of all medical records and radiologic investigations (including the NHS PACs archive), and also to retain possession of the medical records (if necessary, until the case is settled) and personal data.
- We do not retain your credit/debit card information.
- We do not share your information with third parties with the exception of: your referring practitioner; your insurer; your solicitor; or any onward referral to a medical professional, unless under court mandate.
- We do not send unsolicited marketing or promotional correspondence.
- If you have any questions regarding Data Protection please call our office.